Stoddert Summer Camp Program
Stoddert’s Summer Camp, sponsored by the Stoddert PTO, is now in its 13th year. We take pride in using the help of Stoddert alumni in running our camp program. The program is conducted outdoors daily, weather permitting. Camp outdoor activities include weekly visits to a local swimming pool, field trips, and all kinds of outdoor sports. Indoor activities include game days, cooking and karate classes, art, crafts, and weekly “Fun Friday” themed activities. Children are grouped by age into teams with lead counselors for age-appropriate fun.
Stoddert Summer Camp accepts existing (not perspective) Stoddert ES students who are five years old (children who have finished pre-K and are entering Kindergarten in 2018), up to graduating fifth-graders.
- Location: Stoddert Elementary School
- Operating Dates: June 18 – August 3
- Regular Session Operating Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Extended care is available for an additional fee. Morning care hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.; afternoon care hours are 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Parents who arrive for pick-up after 6:00 p.m. will be charged a $1.00-per-minute late fee. This fee needs to be paid in cash when you pick up your child. The fee is paid directly to the staff for their overtime work.
Enrollment Options and Payment:
- Regular session fees: $275.00 per week; 4th of July week is $220.00; camp is closed 7/4
- Extended care fee: $55 per week; 4th of July week is $45.00; camp is closed 7/4
- Registration Fee: $30.00 per child
- All parents will receive invoices for the total amount of camp fees
- Credit cards will be charged on June 10; we don’t accept American Express, cash and checks
- There are no daily or part-time rates available
- The camp cannot offer refunds or pro-rata fees due to vacations or dropping out. At the sole discretion of the Director an exception may be made if a child has a prolonged illness (i.e. lasting longer than a week). A doctor’s note will be required.
- Children whose fees are not paid are not guaranteed a slot in the camp
Children must bring their own packed lunches. Afternoon snacks and drinks will be provided.
The majority of camp activities will take place out-side. Please dress your child appropriately for the weather (e.g., pack a sunscreen and a hat). Please label all clothing, backpacks, and lunch boxes.
Sign-in and sign-out
Please remember to sign your children in and out. This is our only way to assure that you or someone you designate has picked up your child. When your child will be picked up by someone other than you, send a note with your child or call the staff. We can-not release a child to anyone not listed on your registration form. We will not allow children to leave the Stoddert grounds by themselves without a permission letter from the parents with the current date.
Our primary goal is to create a caring, harmonious environment where children feel safe and protected. In order to foster an appreciation of their own rights and the rights of others, we follow these guidelines regarding discipline:
- Inappropriate language and fighting are unacceptable.
- For the first violation, camp staff will make every effort to resolve the situation through communication with the children involved.
- For a second violation, the parent or guardian will be notified.
- For a third violation, a mandatory conference will be held between staff and parents/guardians.
- If a fourth violation occurs, the child will be re-moved from the program.
Communication with staff
Please let us know of your concerns, suggestions and anything you think we need to know about your child. The staff is dedicated to keeping your child happy and safe.
What to Bring to Camp Each Day
- A packed lunch (Stoddert Camp will provide an afternoon snack)
- Swimsuit, water shoes, and a towel for water play on Tuesdays and Thursdays for campers who are not competent swimmers and will not go to Volta Park swimming pool
- A SmartTrip card or a DC One Card on Tuesdays and Thursdays for campers who are competent swimmers and have permission to go to Volta Park swimming pool
- A book for reading period
- A water bottle
- Bug spray and sunblock spray
- A mat or towel for daily naps and rest period (kindergarten and first grade only)
- A change of clothing in case of accidents (kindergarten and first grade only)
Online Application Form:
- The online application form is filled out one per family. Up to three children can be included in a single form.
- Please read carefully the Operating Policies and Terms of the Contract. It is advisable that you print a copy of the form for your records.
- Camp administration will need about 10 days to process application forms; after that parents will receive emails, confirming camp attendance weeks for each child applied.
If you have any questions or for additional information, please contact Galina Leonov, Camp Director: