NEW: We are sorry to announce that there will be no Stoddert Summer Camp in 2020.
We understand that this news comes as a huge disappointment for our campers and their families, but no one is more disappointed than our longtime Camp Director Galina Leonov. She has been hard at work for months planning for her 15th consecutive year (!!) of summer camp, so the decision to cease operations this year was not reached lightly.
While we would love to move forward as usual, operating a summer camp requires that many moving parts function concurrently. Building agreements must be made, pool time reserved, bus rentals booked, field trip reservations made, supplies ordered, staff members hired- there is a lot to account for, and unfortunately, because of unprecedented circumstances surrounding Covid-19, most of it cannot be guaranteed at this time.
Ultimately, however, the decision came down to safety. Even if we were able to enforce proper social distancing and require that all staff and campers wear masks, we couldn’t in good conscience guarantee their safety. As always, that is our highest priority: maintaining the safety of the campers and our employees.
While Stoddert Summer Camp will not be in session this year, please know that we fully intend to be back in action next summer! We will miss our campers dearly. We wish you and your family a wonderful, safe, and healthy summer!
Location and Hours:
- Location: Stoddert Elementary School
- Operating Dates: Stay Tuned
- Regular Session Operating Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Extended care is available for an additional fee. Morning care hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.; afternoon care hours are 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Parents who arrive for pick-up after 6:00 p.m. will be charged a $1.00-per-minute late fee. This fee needs to be paid in cash when you pick up your child. The fee is paid directly to the staff for their overtime work.
Enrollment Options and Payment:
- Regular session fees: $275.00 per week; 4th of July week is $220.00; camp is closed 7/4
- Extended care fee: $55 per week; 4th of July week is $45.00; camp is closed 7/4
- Registration Fee: $30.00 per child
- All parents will receive invoices for the total amount of camp fees
- Credit cards will be charged on June 9; we don’t accept American Express, cash and checks
- There are no daily or part-time rates available
- The camp cannot offer refunds or pro-rata fees due to vacations or dropping out. At the sole discretion of the Director an exception may be made if a child has a prolonged illness (i.e. lasting longer than a week). A doctor’s note will be required.
- Children whose fees are not paid are not guaranteed a slot in the camp
Children must bring their own packed lunches. Afternoon snacks and drinks will be provided.
The majority of camp activities will take place out-side. Please dress your child appropriately for the weather (e.g., pack a sunscreen and a hat). Please label all clothing, backpacks, and lunch boxes.
Sign-in and sign-out
Please remember to sign your children in and out. This is our only way to assure that you or someone you designate has picked up your child. When your child will be picked up by someone other than you, send a note with your child or call the staff. We can-not release a child to anyone not listed on your registration form. We will not allow children to leave the Stoddert grounds by themselves without a permission letter from the parents with the current date.
Our primary goal is to create a caring, harmonious environment where children feel safe and protected. In order to foster an appreciation of their own rights and the rights of others, we follow these guidelines regarding discipline:
- Inappropriate language and fighting are unacceptable.
- For the first violation, camp staff will make every effort to resolve the situation through communication with the children involved.
- For a second violation, the parent or guardian will be notified.
- For a third violation, a mandatory conference will be held between staff and parents/guardians.
- If a fourth violation occurs, the child will be re-moved from the program.
Communication with staff
Please let us know of your concerns, suggestions and anything you think we need to know about your child. The staff is dedicated to keeping your child happy and safe.
What to Bring to Camp Each Day
- A packed lunch (Stoddert Camp will provide an afternoon snack)
- Swimsuit, water shoes, and a towel for water play on Tuesdays and Thursdays for campers who are not competent swimmers and will not go to Volta Park swimming pool
- A SmarTrip card on Tuesdays and Thursdays for campers who are competent swimmers and have permission to go to Volta Park swimming pool
- A book for reading period
- A water bottle
- Bug spray and sunblock spray
- A mat or towel for daily naps and rest period (children who are entering Kindergarten, first and second grade only)
- A change of clothing in case of accidents (children who are entering Kindergarten and first grade only)
2019 Summer Camp at Stoddert is FULL. Interested families are encouraged to add their name to the 2019 Summer Camp at Stoddert waitlist.
If you have any questions or for additional information, please contact Galina Leonov, Camp Director:
Fun Fridays: “Hello Summer 2018!” and “ Legoland”, Stoddert Summer Camp Program 2018