At Stoddert ES we follow 5 Special Education Pillars.
- All students with disabilities are capable of accessing grade level content.
- All students with disabilities have strengths that enable them to learn and grow academically, socially and independently.
- All students with disabilities deserve access to the general education environment to the greatest extent possible.
- All students with disabilities deserve access to non-academic school-based activities.
- All school leaders, teachers, and support staff are fundamentally responsible for the success of students with disabilities.
Services are provided in the classroom using the inclusion model as well as in the learning lab where services are provided one x one.
Related service providers include Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech-Language Therapists, Psychologists and Social Workers.
Our department follows all Common Core State Standards. Teaching methods include Fundations, Wilson Reading, Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood Bell, Reading a-z, On Cloud 9 and Touch Math.
Special Education at Stoddert is an individualized program specifically designed to evaluate and develop strategies and strengths for students to succeed.