Dear Stoddert Community,
We are sending out an early, evening edition this week of the bulletin! As a reminder, effective 11/15/21, we are sending out our weekly principal bulletin using BlackBoard Connect. You are receiving this message as a parent/guardian of a student at Stoddert Elementary. Please be on the lookout for weekly messages to stay in the loop!
What’s Coming Up & Important General Information
Principal’s Virtual Coffee: Please feel free to join on zoom on Friday 11/19/21, 9-9:45 am. We will record this session to make it available for those who cannot attend. Ms. Benton and Ms. Schneider will share teacher reflections on the year so far at Stoddert and share teacher insights for supporting our learners. Please join us on zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/4844164149?pwd=U1VBemJDV2V0YkxTS1Q3WFFBQUVDQT09 Meeting ID: 484 416 4149 Passcode: Wolves
Report Cards Home on 11/23/21: For students in grades K to 5, teachers will send home paper report cards on Tuesday 11/23/21.
Impact Aid Survey: Teachers are sending home Impact Aid Surveys to be returned to classroom teachers on 12/10/21. Our goal is to get 100% completed with a parent signature returned. The US Department of Education provides fund to DCPS to support our students based on this information.
Stoddert Elementary Book Fair: Our Book Fair is scheduled for 12/6-12/9. Stay tuned for a flyer to come out in the first week of December.
Holiday Travel Reminders & No School Days: With the fall and winter holiday season approaching, please continue to review and follow DC Health travel guidance. We encourage families to limit travel as much as possible as part of our Stronger & Safer Together Pledge. DCPS will continue with in-person learning throughout November and December, and schools will be closed for students on the following days per our school year calendar:
- November 24-26
- December 23-31
DCPS Highly Encourages Vaccines for All Eligible Students: See here for more information! Please remember that close contact, quarantine and travel guidance is directly impacted by vaccine status.
Stoddert Elementary engages in weekly asymptomatic COVID testing on Tuesdays (for students whose families have not opted-out). Last week we tested 90 students with zero positive results.
In Case You Missed It
Stoddert is awaiting Kids Ride Free Cards from DDOT. Thank you for your patience. Ms. Terri Thompson will issue cards once we receive them.
Please label all belongings: We regularly clean out our Lost and Found. Labeling all items helps to return them to your child.
Dogs are not permitted on school grounds. School employees regularly find evidence of dogs and clean it up to keep our children’s shoes clean. No dogs are allowed at any time during drop off and pick up.
Updated Guidance for Parents/Guardians & Building Entry: To keep our community as safe as possible, and in line with DCPS current guidance, there are limited visitors in the building at this time. Parents/guardians are permitted in to building as needed for:
- NEW: Drop off an important item that your child needs (such as a forgotten lunch, computer, etc)–just come and we will support!
- Signing in children at late drop off
- Signing out children at early pick up
- To drop off medications
- To attend an IEP, 504 or other safety plan meeting
- Other approved reason by the principal
Parents/guardians who need to enter the building for the above reasons should arrive at the front door. Our Patient Care Technicians will ask brief questions to complete a health screening. After the screening, parents/guardians will sign in with security and be routed to the front desk.
Pilot Volunteer Opportunities for Stoddert Families: At present, the DCPS Visitor Policy states that DCPS will continue to limit visitors to schools. All visitors must be pre-approved, confirm completion of a health assessment, and always wear a mask on school grounds. With the health and safety of students is our first priority, we are piloting limited family volunteer opportunities outside the typical school day of 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Parents/guardians may be invited to volunteer from 7am – 8am and 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
Volunteer opportunities are need driven. Teachers have expressed interest in a variety of tasks that volunteers can help with. These include organizing materials, cleaning manipulatives, making copies, hanging up student work, and other classroom specific projects. Additionally, we are seeking a few parent volunteers to support recess on our field from 12-12:30 pm. If you would be interested in any of these, then please read the volunteer protocol below.
Family-volunteer Protocol for the 2021-22 School Year:
- Families/Guardians must have a valid DCPS clearance to volunteer. The clearance process includes several steps which you can read about here. The clearance is valid for two years.
- When your clearance is approved, please email your clearance letter to our volunteer coordinator, Jemma Benton at Jemma.Benton@k12.dc.gov and along with the following information: any preference for which classroom(s) you would like to volunteer in OR what tasks you would be interested in completing, and what days/times you would be interested in volunteering. (Reminder, in school volunteers can only come in from 7-8am and 3:30-4:30pm for our pilot)
- Once your clearance letter is received by Ms. Benton, we will work to match you with a volunteer need within 2-4 business days. Interest does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity match, as this is a school-identified, need driven process. A volunteer orientation will take place for approved volunteers.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to contribute!
This e-mail has been sent to you by Stoddert ES. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from Stoddert ES, please click here to unsubscribe.