February 12, 2021
Dear Stoddert Families,
We’re happy to report another successful week of learning, both in-person and virtual. Our students and teachers are becoming familiar with new class rosters and expectations, and our in-person procedures (entry, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, etc.) are falling into a comfortable routine.
It is extremely helpful to our in-person entry process if parents complete the Daily Screening Tracker: Students form at home each day before in-person students come to school. The form requires parents to answer four simple questions, and then sign the form. The form is then presented to the health technicians at each of our school entry locations.
Our weekly Town Hall events help maintain our school culture and school spirit, and are a key component of our social-emotional learning initiative. Town Halls allow us to build on our core values, share new information, recognize student and staff achievements, and celebrate special events. Our next two Town Halls will celebrate Black History Month, and will include appearances by past and current Stoddert students and staff members. So be sure to log into the Town Hall Zoom invitation each Wednesday morning at 8:45.
There are many questions swirling around about Term 4, and whether we’ll have the opportunity to bring more students back on campus for in-person learning. The honest answer is: we don’t know. Schools have received no direction from DCPS regarding Term 4. We will keep you updated if/when more information becomes available.
Here are some gentle reminders for Stoddert families:
- By Mayor’s order, school playgrounds are closed to the public from 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Dogs are not allowed on campus.
- Face masks and social distancing are required for students and parents.
Other announcements and reminders:
- Parents are encouraged to regularly visit your child’s Canvas page Vidhub link.
- Next Monday – February 15 – is President’s Day holiday – school will not be in session.
- Next Tuesday – February 16 – all classrooms (including in-person classrooms) will be in session virtually.
- Tech difficulties: call the Stoddert Tech Hotline at 202-480-9474.
- Parents may access the lobby on Wednesdays to pick up students’ learning materials.
- Monthly virtual Open House events are scheduled on these dates: February 17, March 17, and April 21.
As always, thanks for your continued support.
Principal Bryant and Assistant Principal Villegas