February 5, 2021
Dear Stoddert Families,
I’m happy to report that we’ve had a successful first week of in-person learning. All in-person seats have been filled in kindergarten, first grade, third grade, and fifth grade. If any in-person students in those grade levels decide to return to virtual learning, the vacated in-person seats will be offered to other students in waitlist order.
We were able to extend in-person seat offers to every student in second grade and every student in fourth grade, because two teachers in both those grade levels are piloting a half-day in-person model. Because some students in those grade levels declined the in-person seats, there are 3 half-day seats available in second grade and 6 half-day seats available in fourth grade.
It is extremely helpful to our in-person learning entry process if parents complete the Daily Screening Tracker: Students form at home each day before in-person students come to school. The form requires parents to answer four simple questions, and then sign the form. The form is then presented to the health technicians at each of our school entry locations.
Here are some gentle reminders for Stoddert families:
- By Mayor’s order, school playgrounds are closed to the public from 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Dogs are not allowed on campus.
- Face masks and social distancing are required for students and parents.
Other announcements and reminders:
- Tech difficulties: call the Stoddert Tech Hotline at 202-480-9474.
- Parents may access the lobby on Wednesdays to pick up students’ learning materials.
- Monthly virtual Open House events are scheduled on these dates: February 17, March 17, and April 21.
As always, thanks for your continued support.