September 4, 2020
Dear Stoddert Families,
We made it through Week #1! On behalf of our Stoddert teachers and staff, I thank you for helping us make that happen.
As I’ve virtually popped into Stoddert classrooms, I’ve really enjoyed seeing our students’ faces, and watching them interact with their teachers. I’ve also appreciated that almost all our students are on time for Morning Meetings and are dressed appropriately for school.
One word of caution for parents: please remember that YOU can also be seen and heard. So……thanks in advance for being aware of that.
Our work is guided by two sets of three principles. The first set of three was shared with you last week:
- Maximizing learning for all students, and providing rigorous, joyful learning experiences
- Promoting equity, and ensuring that students have access to needed learning resources
- Prioritizing safety, and implementing robust safety protocols
The second set of three principles is the New 3 R’s – each of which is essential for learning.
During this first week of SY20/21 your children’s teachers have guided by those New 3 R’s. They’ve begun building relationships, establishing learning routines, and building students’ resilience.
Please mark your calendars: Back-to-School Night has been rescheduled to Thursday, September 17 at 6:30 p.m. The agenda will include an administrative presentation, an important PTO meeting, and classroom presentations. More details will be provided next week.
- Another batch of electronic learning devices will be available for checkout next week. You’ll need to make an pickup appointment via Signup Genius, which will be posted on this website.
- Eureka Math workbooks were delivered to Stoddert on Friday and will be available for pickup in the lobby next week, starting on Tuesday, September 8th from 9am to 3pm. Please remember to wear a mask and maintain safe social distancing when you’re in the lobby.
As always, thanks for your continued support.
Principal Bryant and Assistant Principal Villegas