August 23, 2020
Dear Stoddert Families,
Stoddert staff members return to work on Monday, August 24, and will spend the week preparing for a successful opening of SY20/21. They will be engaged in school-based and district-based professional development, and individual and team-based planning.
By mid-week you will receive an email from your child’s teacher. That email will include:
- A welcome back message.
- Log-in directions for Canvas, which is the one-stop access platform that your child will use to log into distance learning each morning, beginning on Monday, August 31.
- Classroom schedules for distance learning.
- Other information specific to classrooms and grade levels.
We hope you’ll be able to participate in our virtual Sneak Peek on Friday, August. 28.
- Sneak Peek will provide an opportunity for students to meet their teachers and their classmates. Each classroom teacher will offer two Sneak Peek sessions, at 1:45 and 2:15 p.m.
- You and your child will log into Canvas (following the instructions provided in the teacher emails) to join a Sneak Peek session.
Technology device distribution will take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, August 25-27 in the Stoddert lobby. If you have requested a device, please use the Signup Genius form on Stodder.org to schedule a time to pick up your device. PLEASE NOTE: each time slot on Signup Genius is for one child only (some families with more than one child needing a device has put all children’s names in one time slot). Masks and safe social distancing will be required to enter the lobby. There will be no access to any other part of the building.
Sprout Supply Boxes and hard copies of grade-level learning materials may be picked up in the lobby on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, August 25-27. Parent volunteers will be in lobby managing the Sprout Supply Box pickup, and hard copies of learning materials will be placed on clearly marked tables for self-pickup. Masks and safe social distancing will be required to enter the lobby. There will be no access to any other part of the building.
Principal Bryant and Assistant Principal Villegas