June 12, 2020
Dear Stoddert Families,
It was great to see so many of you at Wednesday’s PTO meeting. Our students and staff benefit greatly from our PTO partnership, and on their behalves I extend a huge THANK YOU!
Summer Learning Opportunities
DCPS is offering a variety of Springboard Collaborative Reading programs this summer:
- For students who have just completed K4 and are rising into kindergarten we have the Kindergarten Reading Camp which operates from June 15-July 10.
- For students who are rising out of K-2 we have a daily, morning-long program that meets for five weeks, June 29-July 31.
- For students who have just completed third grade and are entering fourth grade we have the “Fourth Grade Learning Accelerator” from June 15-July 10.
The links for all these reading programs can be found at: https://dcps.gov/summer
Summer Bridge Program for Incoming Third-Graders
DCPS has announced the creation of a Summer Bridge Program for incoming 3rd, 6th, and 9th grade students. Those grade levels were chosen because they are major transition points in a child’s education. The program will operate from August 10-13, and from August 17-20.
The goals of the Summer Bridge Program are:
- Create deeper connections with students in transitional grade bands.
- Build a strong foundation of school culture and routines to support a strong community of learners when hybrid-learning begins.
- Allow schools teams to refine new health protocols for in-person learning.
The Summer Bridge Program is optional for our incoming third-graders. Registration is required, and will open in late June. As more details become available, I’ll communicate those to you.
We currently have enrolled 400 students for SY20/21, which is 80% of our projected enrollment total. If you have not yet enrolled your child, please do so as soon as possible.
To complete enrollment forms online, visit the DCPS enrollment website https://enrolldcps.dc.gov/. There will also be a Fillable PDF version of the enrollment packet for families who cannot complete the new electronic submission process.
To enroll, all you need is an email address and information for each of your students. Current Stoddert families will need to upload proof of residency form and those new to Stoddert also need to upload a proof of birth document for each student. At this point in the process, there is no need to submit DC Health Certificates. Schools will be notified when an electronically submitted enrollment packet is ready for review and signature. If additional follow-up with families is needed, schools will reach out to the enrolling family to request the needed information.
For more detailed information on changes in enrollment, please see the district’s Frequently Asked Questions. The DCPS Enrollment Team is available to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 478-5738.
Wanted: Your Feedback About Distance Learning
Two opportunities are available for you to provide feedback about Distance Learning: a DCPS survey, and a Stoddert-specific survey. I sincerely believe DCPS will listen to your feedback, and I know we’ll do so at Stoddert, so please complete both surveys. Information about the DCPS survey is posted on this website.
Here is the link to the Stoddert-specific survey.
As always, I thank you for your continued support. We are family – be well.