June 5, 2020
Dear Stoddert Families,
This week I’m providing only a brief update. As more specifics become available about SY20/21, these weekly updates will become more detailed.
June 8 and June 15 Professional Development Weeks
Our Stoddert teachers will be hard at work during the weeks of June 8 and June 15 engaged in Professional Development sessions. Those sessions will include:
- Teaching and Learning in the Time of COVID-19: Strategies Based on the Science of Learning and Development
- Leveraging Brain Science and Developmental Relationships
- Strategic Use of Online Tools: DCPS Approach to Hybrid Learning
- Responding to Unfinished Learning: Academic Acceleration and Curricula Implications
- Reflection on SY19/20 and Planning for Next Year
- Planning for a Trauma-Responsive School
- Wellness and Resilience in the Era of Covid019
- Practical Strategies for Supporting the 3Rs: Relationships, Routines, and Resilience
- Virtual Learning Expectations
- School-Level Re-entry Planning to Support Students’ Sense of Safety and Connection
Picking Up Students’ Belongings
Almost all Stoddert families were able to pick up students’ belongings as scheduled during the weeks of May 18 and May 25. If you were unable to do that, please email Principal Bryant to schedule an individual time.
Our final PTO meeting of SY19/20 is scheduled for Wednesday, June 10 at 6:30 p.m. The meeting via Zoom. At that meeting I’ll share what we do know and what we don’t know about SY20/21. I look forward to seeing you at the meeting.
Yearbooks Have Arrived!
The first yearbook pickup window will be on Sunday, June 7th from 10am-12 noon in front of Stoddert. To retrieve your yearbook(s) you must arrive wearing a facemask and holding this completed yearbook pickup sign.
To complete enrollment forms online, visit the DCPS enrollment website https://enrolldcps.dc.gov/. To enroll, all you need is an email address and information for each of your students. Current Stoddert families will need to upload of proof of residency form and those new to Stoddert also need to upload a proof of birth document for each student. For more detailed information on changes in enrollment, please see the district’s Frequently Asked Questions. The DCPS Enrollment Team is available to answer questions at email@example.com or (202) 478-5738.
SY20/21 supply boxes are now available for purchase. This is a great way to safely get your back-to-school shopping done in minutes without ever leaving home. Ordering will occur through Sprout, and your child’s supplies will be delivered directly to Stoddert and waiting for your child on the first day of school. Be sure to order a supply box for the grade level your child will be in next year.
Stoddert’s store is located at www.sproutsupplies.com/supplykits, and Stoddert’s code is SES002.
As always, I thank you for your continued support. We are family – be well.