April 24, 2020
Dear Stoddert Families,
Thanks for another good week of distance learning! Today is the last day of Term 3 and is Records Day for teachers. They’ll be working today to assign student grades for Term 3. Therefore, there will be no distance learning today.
New Members of the iReady Math Wall of Fame
This event is open to all students in 2nd-5th grades, and gives students the chance to have their name added to our iReady Wall of Fame and earn raffle tickets for an end-of-year iPad drawing. To qualify, students must spend at least 101 minutes per week engaged in online iReady instruction. Please congratulate these students who qualified last week:
Last Chance – Teacher Appreciation Week Photos
Reminder – please submit photos for Teacher Appreciation Week by the end of the day today. Click the link below for directions and to download the signs for your child to hold in the photo(s). Thank you for showing your support and appreciation for our Stoddert Teachers and Staff.
Next Week is Virtual Spirit Week
Stoddert’s Student Council, with Mrs. Marquez as sponsor, has planned a Virtual Spirit Week for the week of April 27-May 1. We hope all students participate! Feel free to share pictures of your child dressed up with your teacher and on social media using the hashtags: #wolfstrong #stoddertspirit. The daily schedule for Spirit Week is:
- Monday, 4/27: Pajama Day — Let’s continue our weekend! Roll out of bed and rock the PJs!
- Tuesday, 4/28: Crazy Hair/Crazy Clothes Day — We are stuck at home, so go crazy! Now is your time to be as wild as you want with your hair and your clothes!
- Wednesday, 4/29: Sports Day/Workout Day — Our favorite teams can’t play right now, so let’s support sports by wearing our favorite jerseys, t-shirts and baseball hats. Not into sports? That’s okay! We encourage your family to work out together! Take some pictures and have some fun!
- Thursday, 4/29: Superhero Day — Dress up like today’s superheroes: doctors, nurses, firemen, and all of the workers out there today helping us out! You can also dress up like Spiderman or Batman! They are superheroes too!
- Friday, 5/01 — Stoddert pride! Wear your Stoddert gear or wear blue and yellow. We can’t be together in person, but we can be together in spirit!
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on the originally scheduled date of Friday, May 22. Your child’s teacher will work with you to schedule virtual conferences on that date.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- How will Term 3 distance learning work be graded? During this distance learning time, when much of our instruction is being offered online, we know that students will have different levels of access to technology and workspaces for learning. Therefore, teachers will grade student work without penalizing them for assignments that they were not able to access or complete. Teachers will continue to offer many varied opportunities for students to display mastery and engagement, and any distance learning work completed and turn in will only benefit a students’ academic success. Students who are unable to complete distance learning work will not be penalized and will receive the grade they earned as of March 13, when distance learning began.
- How will we receive Term 3 report cards? Term 3 report cards will be mailed to you during the first week of May.
- When is the last day of the school year? Mayor Bowser and Chancellor Ferebee have determined that Friday, May 29 will be the last day of SY19/20 for students.
- When will next school year begin? Mayor Bowser and Chancellor Ferebee have not yet announced the start date for SY20/21.
- Is tech help available? Yes! Ms. Thompson has established a tech hotline for Stoddert families. The number is (202) 480-9474, and the hotline operates between 7am and 4pm Monday-Friday.
As always, I thank you for your continued support.