Dear Stoddert families,
Many of you are aware of the recent situation at the Christ Church Georgetown concerning the coronavirus. Since early this morning we have been in communication with DCPS regarding that situation and its potential impact on Stoddert families. Any decisions that are made regarding that situation will be immediately shared with you.
In the meantime, we urge you to follow these simple procedures to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness.
- Stay home from work or school until you are free of fever, signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours and without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medications.
- Seek medical attention if you have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus or influenza. Call your healthcare provider before visiting a healthcare facility.
As always, I thank you for your continued support.