Upcoming Events: We’ve got a lot of great events lined up throughout the year, but here are two that are coming up soon. Be sure to check out the Stoddert Calendar often; better yet, subscribe to it to stay up-to-date!
- Hispanic Heritage Assembly – October 4th, in the morning: If any parent or family is interested in participating and/or contributing with an artistic presentation or something related to Hispanic Culture, please contact Señora Villarraga via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in-person, outside the building at morning drop-off.
- Fall Festival – Sunday, October 6th: NEW this year, the event was moved to Sunday in hopes of making it easier for families to join! One of our biggest events of the year, things will kick off at 11:00AM at Stoddert Elementary School, with Games, Food Trucks, Gear Sales and more! Be on the look-out for more information from your Room Parents for volunteer opportunities and more details.
PTO Meeting Schedule: NEW this year, we are including Child Care and Pizza at every PTO meeting in hopes that more of you can join! We heard many of you tell us some of the things you’d like to hear more about – here are some of the PTO Meeting highlights for the next few months:
- October 9: A behind-the-scenes look at Stoddert. Join us as we go on a Building Tour. Visit the Library, Computer Lab, Trailers and more!
- November 13: Interested in learning more about Hardy? Current Hardy parents will give you an update on our neighborhood Middle School. Bonus: We’ll also have Gear Sales to get ready for the holidays!
- December 11: We’ll be welcoming our Specials Teachers to hear more about what our kids are up to in subjects like Science, Garden, Computer Lab and More!
Volunteering & Fingerprinting Update: DCPS has made it mandatory for parents and volunteers to undergo a Clearance process. Stoddert PTO is working closely with DCPS to have them come to us for the fingerprinting portion for your convenience. This is not yet scheduled however, so if you can, we encourage you to travel downtown to go through the clearing process in order to be eligible to participate on upcoming field trips, for example. For more information, go to: //dcps.dc.gov/page/volunteer-our-schools
Parking: Please abide by the following guidelines to help with traffic and safety in the morning and afternoon: //www.stoddert.org/2019/08/17/driving-to-school-code-of-conduct-2/
Security: Gentle reminder to PLEASE SIGN-IN at the Security Desk when entering the Building.
Lost & Found: Water bottles, sweaters, jackets and more! Our kids tend to leave things behind once in a while but fear not, we have a Lost & Found area that can be found before entering the Main Lobby, in between the front doors to the left. Please note that we will be DONATING all remaining items every other week so check this area regularly if your child is missing something.