June 28, 2018
Dear Stoddert Families:
Assistant Principal Villegas and I are posting this communication for two reasons: 1) to thank you for all you do to further your children’s education; 2) to give you a preview of SY18/19.
As parents, you are your children’s first and most important teacher. We thank you for all you do to help your children be successful learners, and for your ongoing support.
Two of our staff members who have done great work for our school community for a number of years will be enjoying retirement.
- Dr. Dolores Pesek, who has served as a Math Resource teacher and Math LEAP coach
- Mr. Ronnie Harrison, who has served as our Head Custodian
Two of our staff members will be transitioning to new roles and responsibilities:
- Cedric Scott (formerly our Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM) and math resource teacher) will transition to our Math LEAP coach position
- Terri Thompson (formerly out Library/Media Aide) will transition to our new Computer Coordinator position
We’re excited to welcome three new staff members to Stoddert for SY18/19:
- Mary Lou Bruno, 3rd grade teacher
- Oscar de la Puente, ELL teacher
- Mark McCants, Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM) and math resource teacher
And, in line with our core value of continual improvement, we’ll be adding some new initiatives, including:
- Weekly whole-school Town Hall Meetings
- New learning labs for differentiated instruction on Fillmore days
- Math learning lab in computer lab
- ELA learning lab in library
Finally, as many of you know, in the spring of 2018 we were nominated by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) to apply for the National Blue Ribbon Schools Award. So…fingers crossed…we’re hoping to receive that recognition in the coming months.
We look forward to seeing all of you at our Sneak Peek event on Friday, August 17 at 2:30 p.m. Until then, enjoy your summer!
Principal Bryant Assistant Principal Villegas