Welcome to Mrs. Hills’ page on the Stoddert website.
Weekly Special Schedule:
Tuesday: Computer & Library
Wednesday: Garden & Science
Thursday: Physical Education
Friday: Fillmore Arts
Our Class will be using the following online tools throughout the year.
- First in Math : Math games
- Raz-Kids : Online reading program
- Johnnie’s Math Page : Math games
- I-Ready : Computerized math instruction for kids!
Home Work Procedures:
You will find homework procedures, math helpers and weekly homework paperwork on our Shutterfly page.
Your child will have a short break each morning to fuel up with a snack. Please send him/her to school each day with a DRY and MESS-FREE snack (ex., pretzels, grapes, cheese, goldfish, etc.). The snack must be packed separately from the lunch. Do not send a snack which requires utensils or a straw. Your child is welcome to bring a bottle of water (no juice), but can opt to use the water fountain as well.
Mrs. Hills Shutterfly site will give us an opportunity to relay messages, create volunteer sign up sheets, and any additional information pertaining to our classroom. If you find that you are not receiving information from the class please let us know.
These folders are provided to each student and go back and forth each day. Please check the folder for any papers to be returned and/or important information.
Birthday Party Procedure:
Your child’s special day is very important. If you would like to send in a special treat in honor of your child’s birthday, such as cupcakes or cookies, please contact me at least a week prior so I can set time aside for the treat. Please do not send in a treat without making arrangements in advance. We can’t have an actual party in the classroom, just a short time set aside for a treat. Thank you in advance for contacting me ahead of time if you would like to make such arrangements.
The following are the texts for your two “welcome back to school” letters :
Classroom Supply List:
Please write your child’s first and last name on all supplies indicated with an asterisk (*) prior to sending them to school. Supplies need to be turned in by the end of the first week of school.
- *(3) Marble composition notebooks. Notebooks with yellow, green and red color is preferred, but if black is only available that is fine (write name on front cover in provided box)
- *(1) Plastic folder with pockets
- *(1) Hard pencil box (about 8″x5″x2″)
- (3) Packs of pre-sharpened #2 pencils
- (1) Box of 24 Crayola crayons
- *(1) Blunt-tip junior scissors (about 5″)
- (6) Large Pink Pearl erasers
- (3) JUMBO Elmer’s glue sticks
- (1) Box of 10 classic wide tip Crayola markers
- (2) Black or blue fine-tip dry erase markers with erasers attached
- (4) Different colored highlighters (yellow, green, orange and pink)
- (1) Roll of paper towels (Students with last name beginning A-P)
- (1) Clorox wipes
- (1) Box of tissues
- (1) Gallon size box of Ziploc bags (Students with last name Q-Z);
- (1) Backpack without wheels
- A small fee for Scholastic News will be collected a couple week into the school year.