Welcome to Mrs. Hills’ page on the Stoddert website.
Weekly Special Schedule:
Tuesday: Fillmore Arts
Classroom Supply List:
You will need the supplies listed below for First Grade. Please do not bring rulers, spiral notebooks, tape , pencil sharpeners, or toys to class. Parents, please write your child’s first and last name on all items with an asterisk (*) prior to sending them to school.
- (1) Backpack without wheels
- $6.00 for Scholastic News Fee- place in an envelope an dallied with child’s name
- *(4) Primary Composition Book Full Ruled 1/2″ 100ct (write name on front cover in provided box)
- *(1) Plastic folder with pockets
- *(1) Hard pencil box (about 8″x5″x2″)
- *(1) Blunt-tip junior scissors (about 5″)
- (2) Dixon Ticonderoga HB #2 Pencil 12ct Pre-Sharpened
- (1) Box of 24 Crayola crayons
- (1) Box of 10 classic wide tip Crayola markers
- (1) Large Pink Pearl erasers
- (5) JUMBO Elmer’s glue sticks
- (1) Dry Erase Board Eraser by Expo
- (2) Dry Erase Markers Low Odor Bullet Tip Asst 4ct
- (4) Different colored highlighters (yellow, green, orange and pink)
- (1) Hand Sanitizer Clear 10 oz Pump Bottle
- (1) Clorox wipes
- (1) Box of tissues
- (1) Roll of Paper towels
- (1) Gallon size box of Ziploc Freezer bags
- (1) Zipper Bags Sandwich 50ct
(*Note from the PTO: Stoddert participate’s in the Amazon Smile program, so please use the school link to start your Amazon purchases and you’ll help the school while getting your supplies!)
Our Class will be using the following online tools throughout the year.
- First in Math : Math games
- Raz-Kids : Online reading program
- Johnnie’s Math Page : Math games
- I-Ready : Computerized math instruction for kids!
Your child will have a short break each morning to fuel up with a snack. Please send him/her to school each day with a DRY and MESS-FREE snack (ex., pretzels, grapes, cheese, goldfish, etc.). The snack must be packed separately from the lunch. Do not send a snack which requires utensils or a straw. Your child is welcome to bring a bottle of water (no juice), but can opt to use the water fountain as well.
These folders are provided to each student and go back and forth each day. Please check the folder for any papers to be returned and/or important information.
Birthday Party Procedure:
Your child’s special day is very important. If you would like to send in a special treat in honor of your child’s birthday, such as cupcakes or cookies, please contact me at least a week prior so I can set time aside for the treat. Please do not send in a treat without making arrangements in advance. We can’t have an actual party in the classroom, just a short time set aside for a treat. Thank you in advance for contacting me ahead of time if you would like to make such arrangements.