Welcome to Mrs. Caccavale’s third grade page on the Stoddert website.
The following is the text of your “welcome back to school” letter : Caccavale Welcome Letter 2017/18
Weekly Special Schedule:
Tuesday: Fillmore Arts
The following is the text of your “welcome back to school” letter :
Supply List: (update 8/10/18) A copy of the supply list for this year is below.
- (1) Dixon Oriole #2 Pre-Sharpened Pencil 12ct
- (1) Two pocket folder
- (5) Marble Composition Book Wide Ruled 100 Sheet Black
- (12) Eraser Pencil Caps Arrowhead
- (4) Expo Dry Erase Marker Low Odor Chisel Tip Black
- (2) Avery Hi-Liter Chisel Tip Yellow
- (1) Crayola Pre-Sharpened 7″ Colored Pencils 12ct
- (1) Crayola Washable Markers Broad Tip Classic 8ct
- (1) Pencil/Crayon Sharpener 2 Hole w/ Shavings Case
- (6) Glue Stick Large Permanent, Washable White .74oz
- (1) School Scissors 5″ Blunt Tip
- (2) Kleenex Tissues 2-ply 125ct
- (1) Bounty Basic Paper Towels 44ct
- (1) Clorox Disinfecting Wipes 35ct
- (1) Stereo Headphones Foam Earpad 3.5mm plug
(*Note from the PTO: Stoddert participate’s in the Amazon Smile program, so please use the school link to start your Amazon purchases and you’ll help the school while getting your supplies!)
Students will be assigned homework every night Monday-Thursday. During the next few weeks, we will gradually introduce the daily and weekly homework assignments.
Daily attendance is very important in 3rd grade. Teachers will pick up students at 8:45am. outside, please make sure your child is on time. If you are late, you need to sign your child into the office handpick up a tardy pass. If you child is absent, email myself and Ms. Rivera in the front office. Please include your child’s name and classroom teacher. Review the DCPS school calendar and schedule vacations or extended leaves of absence during school vacation periods.
Students will be dismissed at 3:15pm each day. Parents/caregivers should wait outside for your child’s class to come out. If it rains, students will be dismissed in the front lobby area. Please arrive on time. If you are running late, please notify the office. After that time you can email me directly.
Free breakfast will be served each day at Stoddert from 8:15-8:35am in the cafeteria. I encourage all students to eat a good breakfast at school, home or even both!
Your child will receive a green communication folder on the first day of school. Important notices and student work will be sent home in these folders. Please make sure to check and empty your child’s folder each day. Any communication from home can be sent in these folders as well.
Students have the option to share a small treat with their classmates on their birthday. Please email or talk to me in person a few days in advance so we can arrange a time. Birthdays are typically limited to 10-15 minutes at the end of the day.