Volunteering makes a big difference at Stoddert. In addition to serving on the PTO board or joining a committee, there are so many other ways to be involved and volunteer your time to help the school. There are volunteer opportunities such as serving as a room parent, bringing a dish to one of our many potlucks, chaperoning a field trip, attending career day or the talent show and many, many more.
On this page, you’ll find the list of current volunteer needs at Stoddert:
- Fall Festival – Help is needed with set up and clean up at the event. Sign up here.
- Book Fair Sales – Help is needed to sell books at Stoddert’s Annual Book Fair. Sign up here.
- Garden – This month (October) is DC Growing Healthy Schools Months– so any parent that wants to do a healthy cooking demo, or has any other ideas for fun garden events, should reach out to Ms. Hannah.
- Garden Chicken Care – The garden needs help with chicken care. Sign up here.
- Garden Watering – The garden needs help with watering. Sign up here.
- PTO Volunteers Needed – Thank you to parents who responded to our call for volunteers. The PTO welcomes anyone interested in volunteering there time. Example: Notice the beautiful Stoddert logo at the front of our school and four square boxes on the playground – compliment of Stoddert parent artist Wes Lawrence. Attending one of the PTO’s monthly meetings is a great way to better understand how the organization is structured and ways to get involved. Contact the PTO presidents for more information or to express your interest. Currently we have specific openings for:
- Book Exchange Chair
- International Night Chair
- Annual Gala and Online Auction Volunteers – Have a special events background or just like to plan a big party? Want to meet other parents? Much of the work can be done from home and on your own hours.
- Front Office Volunteers Needed – Have a one, two or a few hours each week and can commit for several months? This is a great way to get more involved with Stoddert. The front office is looking for individuals who can help our school administration handle the enormous task of running our great school. Please contact Assistant Principal Villegas to express your interest.