Stoddert Elementary School is the most overcrowded school in Washington, DC at 135% over capacity.
Stoddert’s building was built to contain 320 students and currently 435 students are enrolled. To date, DCPS, the Deputy Mayor For Eduction and our elected officials have not acknowledged the problem or provided a plan to alleviate the overcrowding at Stoddert.
The Stoddert PTO assembled an Overcrowding Committee to advocate for solutions to the problem. The committee is made up of Stoddert parents and staff, as well as Glove Park community members.
Click to read the Stoddert ES Facility Overcrowding Brief, which outlines the problem and details the committee’s goals.
The Stoddert PTO is collecting data about how over utilization impacts the students, faculty, and community. Click here to take the survey.
Overcrowding News & Information:
- Send Letter To Deputy Mayor On Overcrowding
- Requesting Status of Annual Supplement and Plan For Stoddert ES – Letter To Deputy Mayor Niles
- Thank You For Attending Meeting With Deputy Mayor
- Tuesday May 2nd Please Attend Meeting At Stoddert With Deputy Mayor
- Letter to Deputy Mayor Niles Before GPCA Meeting
- Overcrowding Survey & Facility Overcrowding Brief
- Overcrowding Meeting Request Letter to Councilmember Cheh, Deputy Major Niles and Chancellor Wilson