The following is information about how the students at Stoddert are tested and assessed throughout the year.
Stoddert’s students in the 3rd through 5th grades take an assessment test in the spring knows as the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). The PARCC assessment is computer-based and matches the high expectations of the Common Core standards, requiring students to think critically and solve real-world problems. The PARCC test assesses what children are learning in school and helps teachers and parents know if students are on track for success in college and careers. For more information about the PARCC, including what to expect and how to prepare, please visit the DCPS website here.
For additional information on PARCC as it relates to Stoddert, please review:
- Letter from Principal Bryant on the tech skills the students will need (January 2016).
- Individual PARCC Scored Released (December 2015).
- 2015 PARCC Ranking for Stoddert (December 2015).
- Principal Bryant’s presentation on PARCC (November 2015).
- Letter on PARCC at Stoddert from the PTO (December 2015).
Here is a summary of how and when all DCPS students in the elementary grades are assessed.