Stoddert is a special place. It’s a unique neighborhood school, located in the heart of the tree-lined community of Glover Park in Northwest Washington, D.C. Our multicultural school serves families from the community (our families represent over 23 countries!) and many military families from Washington, D.C.’s Bolling Air Force Base. At Stoddert, everyone associated with the school-from the principal to the staff and parents-shares a strong commitment to providing a first rate education in a nurturing, safe, secure, and learning standards-based setting.
All of Stoddert’s educational programs are aligned to the District of Columbia Public School System’s standards and all children engage in motivating and challenging learning experiences.
Addressing the Needs of Our Students
Stoddert faculty and staff take pride in responding to the needs of all students. Every student visits the school’s library and computer media center weekly. Classroom teachers integrate information literacy instruction through collaboration with the school’s media and computer technology specialists and the Georgetown Public Library.
- Students who need help learning the English language participate in the English Language Learner program (or ELL).
- Stoddert’s special education program provides assessment, identification, intervention and monitoring to those students with special needs. Stoddert employs the inclusion model for its special needs students.
- Stoddert’s resource teacher provides assistance with assessment and reading and writing skills.
Stoddert Invests in Student Enrichment
- Partnerships with American University and Trinity College bring student teachers to the school
- All students participate in the Fillmore Arts Program, which teaches music, art, dance, and theater
- A hands-on science program
- Infusion of technology into the curriculum
Stoddert Students Have the Resources They Need
- English Language Learner program for diverse learners
- Special education
Stoddert Students are ACTIVE
Our students are involved in:
- Safety patrols
- Student council
- Writer’s workshop
- Spelling bee
- Geography bee
- PALS Library/computer aides
- Chess club
- Science fair
- Mini United Nations
- Book of the month
- Physical education
- Music education