This page contains information about certain policies and procedures at Stoddert.
MORNING DROP OFF
School begins promptly at 8:45am. In order to move the students to their classrooms and get settled for the day, parents are asked to have their children arrive to school promptly at 8:39 a.m. Parents are asked to watch their children who arrive prior to this time. At approximately 8:43 a.m., the teachers will begin to move their students to their classrooms. Students arriving after this time should report directly to the front office. Late students should NOT go directly to their classrooms. The following is information regarding the specific line-up and drop off information for each grade:
- Pre-K students will enter through the Pre-K classroom door, which is adjacent to the brick courtyard area at the front entrance of school. The Pre-K teachers will greet students and parents at the door beginning at 8:43 a.m. Parents are welcome to enter the classroom to read with their student for 15 minutes before the day begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten students will enter through the kindergarten “porch” area. Each kindergarten classroom will enter through its own door on the “porch.” Each door will be clearly marked with the name of the classroom. The kindergarten instructional aides will be outside on the “porch” at 8:30 a.m. to greet and assist parents and students. At 8:43 a.m., the “porch” doors will be opened, and parents may walk their students into the kindergarten classrooms. Parents will not escort their children to their classrooms.
- 1st-3rd grade students will line up by classroom in the courtyard area in front of the main entrance doors. Teachers will be in the courtyard area at 8:30 a.m., with classroom signs. First-grade classrooms will line up the west side of the courtyard area (the side closest to the original wing of the building). Second-grade classrooms will line up in the middle of the courtyard area. Third-grade classrooms will line up on the east side of the courtyard area. At 8:43 a.m. teachers will lead students to their classrooms. No classrooms will be lined up on the sidewalk on the east side of the courtyard area. Parents are asked to drop their students before the brick area and allow the students to line up. Parents should not wait on the brick area. If you arrive early, please watch your child and wait until the teachers arrive.
- 4th-5th grade students will walk up the sidewalk on the east side of the courtyard area, enter the building through the main entrance doors, and go directly into the gym. 4th-5th grade teachers will be in the gym at 8:30, with classroom signs. At 8:43 a.m. teachers will lead students to their classrooms.
AFTERNOON PICK UP
School ends promptly at 3:15pm. Parents are asked to pick up their children at exactly 3:15 p.m. Parents are asked to wait outside for their children and NOT enter building or wait in the lobby. Parents are asked wait on the bricks in the outdoor courtyard area to allow the students to come outside of the building. Please remain off of the benches, the stairs and the area just outside the doors. Should you arrive after this time, please go directly to the front office to pick up your child. Students will be escorted outside according to the following schedule:
- Pre-K students will be picked up at the Pre-K classroom door, which is adjacent to the brick courtyard area at the front entrance of school. Parents should wait outside of the door and not enter the classroom.
- Kindergarten students will be escorted by their teachers as they exit the kindergarten hallway through their assigned exterior doors, and meet their parents on the kindergarten “porch.” Parents are asked to wait outside, and not enter the school hallway. Please do not block the exit doors on the “porch.”
- Students in grades 1-5 will be escorted by their teachers through the main entrance doors to the outside courtyard area, where they will meet their parents. Parents are asked to wait in the outdoor courtyard area, and not enter the school lobby.
This page is still under construction since our website re-launch. Our team of volunteers are working to get more information, please check back soon. It will contain more information about the policies and procedures at Stoddert including: