Winter is almost here however this does not get in the way of our learning initiative related to our gardening program. Over the next few months our students will take part in further inquiry and skill building becoming ‘food literate.”
Here’s are the topics we will address supported by educational documentaries and fun in class taste test.
– defining what is food
– making sense about food choice
– taking a personal look at our food stories
– what our eating habits reveal about our present diet
– identifying the causes of food waste
– how to get our best energy at the beginning of the day
– in class taste tests
– what’s behind the message ” food is medicine ”
– what does it mean, “cat’s wait for mice very patiently!”
I personally would like to recognize our Farmers Market Volunteers, Compost and Recycling Teams for all the work they do to make Stoddert Elementary a great environment in which to learn!