All volunteers, including parents, must complete the DCPS Clearance process before volunteer services can be provided at any DCPS school. To complete the DCPS Volunteer Clearance process:
- Complete the online Clearance Application, here: DCPS Clearance Application
- Complete a TB test or obtain documentation showing cleared TB test results from the last 12 months
- Report to DCPS Central Office (1200 First Street NE, 10th Floor) during operating hours to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 5 pm and Fridays from 8 am – 3 pm.
- TB test results must be provided upon reporting to DCPS Central Office for fingerprints. Individuals who fail to produce TB test results from the last 12 months will be denied fingerprinting services.
- College/University students who submitted a TB test when enrolling in school can have their health center sign this form: College/University Student – Request to Waive TB Test
- Wait 3-10 business days for a clearance letter, indicating cleared fingerprinting results.
Exceptions may be granted to the above process in the following situations:
- You are volunteering for a one-time,on-campus event, like Career Day or Field Day. Please email the Clearance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether you qualify for a clearance exception.
- You are a potential volunteer under the age of 18. Individuals in this group should complete this form: Under 18 Years Old Volunteer Application and return to email@example.com.
- You are a potential volunteer with an active secret or top secret federal security clearance. Individuals in this group should complete the Federal Security Clearance Verification letter in lieu of being fingerprinted with DCPS. The original signed verification form, a copy of a state issued photo ID, and TB test taken within the last 12 months should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.