The following is information from Principal Bryant that was presented at last week’s PTO meeting.
The number of classes within each grade level will remain the name for next school year 2018/19. This includes:
- Pre-K 3 – None
- Pre-K 4 – 1 class
- Kindergarten – 3 classes
- First – 4 classes
- Second – 3 classes
- Third – 3 classes
- Fourth – 3 classes
- Fifth – 2 classes
For next school year 2018/19, there are a few staffing changes to announce:
- Dr. Pesek is retiring at the end of this school year 2017/18.
- Cedric Scott will move from his current SEM/Math Resource Teacher position to the Math LEAP coach position.
- Mr. Mark McCants has been hired as the new SEM/Math Resource Teacher. He is currently teaching at Lafayette Elementary School.
- Ms. Jinny Choi, the current 3rd grade teacher, is taking a year off to be a full-time mother.
- Mary-Lou Bruno has been hired as our new 3rd grade teacher. She is currently teaching at Van Ness Elementary.
- Danielle Short has been hired as our school psychologist. She is currently at Janney Elementary.
- Our ELL enrollment continues to go up, so a fourth ELL teacher will be added. Oscar de La Puenta has been hired as an ELL teacher. He is currently teaching at LaSalle-Backus Education Campus.