The following information was presented at the recent PTO meeting is intended for all Stoddert families. Please be sure to read through in its entirety. Thank you in advance for helping to keep Stoddert and our students safe and secure.
STODDERT’S SECURITY RULES
- Two Security Officers staff the Security Desk every day students are in school. The Security Team monitors security cameras, patrol the campus and greet all visitors who wish to enter the building. They are responsible for having every visitor who enters the building sign-in at the Security Desk. Visitors that they do not know or recognize must present an ID.
- DCPS has its own 24 hour Command Center.
- Each school year, Stoddert has a monthly fire drill, 2 lockdown drills, 2 evacuation
drills and 2 severe weather drills.
- Fillmore is part of DCPS and as such follows the same security protocols.
- Effective immediately, the entrance door from the parking lot is for STAFF AND STUDENT USE ONLY. All parents and guests must enter the building the front door main entrance.
- All non-staff members – even parents and other familiar faces – are required to sign in at the Security Desk every time they enter the building. As they sign in at the Security Desk, their images are also being recorded on our security cameras, which allows us to have video documentation of all guests who are in the building.
Stoddert’s School Emergency Response Team
Stoddert has a School Emergency Response Team (SERT). Its mission is to proactively strive to keep Stoddert as a safe and informed school community where teachers can teach and students can learn. Its vision is to foster collaboration across District agencies as we meet the unique health, safety and well-being needs of the Stoddert school community.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Stoddert’s SERT is comprised of a multi-faceted group of staff members who have committed to assuming specific roles and responsibilities during an emergency. Each member’s role is closely tied to their day-to-day Stoddert role. An “emergency” is a sudden generally unanticipated event that has the potential to profoundly and negatively impact a significant segment of the school population.
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Stoddert’s SERT members include:
- Donald Bryant, Principal/Incident Commander
- Ginta Carlson, Nurse/Triage Coordinator
- Victoria Legerwood-Rivera, Attendance Counselor/Occupancy Accounting Coordinator
- Ronnie Harrison, Head Custodian/Facility Access Coordinator
- Margaret Hoyt, Social Worker/Community Liaison
- Jill Sanderson, Business Manager/Supplies Manager
- Julie Schneider, Science Teacher/Media Liaison
- Ibis Villegas, Assistant Principal/Public Safety Liaison
- Terri Thompson, Technology Specialist/Transportation Coordinator
- Wanda Zachary, Counselor/Counseling Coordinator
Stoddert’s SERT collaborates, innovates and aligns with DC’s Metropolitan Police Department, DCPS Command Center, DCPS Offices of School Security & Operations, PTO co-presidents and communications team, DGS, Guy Mason Recreation Center, Fillmore Art Center, DDOT
Thank you for cooperating with Stoddert’s rules and requirements, and taking the safety and security of our students and staff members seriously.