Take Your Daughter/Son to Work Day takes place this Thursday, April 27, 2017. This is an excused absence with the proper documentation, per the guidelines listed below.
Take Your Daughter/Son to Work Day is an annual event designed to assist students in formulating some ideas about future career paths. A day at work heightens the aspirations of students, helping them to make the connection between academic success and success in the world of work.
DCPS and Stoddert is joining the national campaign to provide opportunities for parents and other adults to showcase their places of employment, explain their job responsibilities, introduce their co-workers, and present the various career choices that are available in the workplace.
Students participating in this day must provide their classroom teacher with the following documentation by May 1, 2017:
- The parent/guardian they went to work with (relation to that adult)
- The name of the business they spent the day at
- The type of work their parent/guardian/adult they observed does
- Identify the three things they noticed the most about the work they observed
- Identify what they think is the hardest part of doing that work
- Identify what they think is the most rewarding part of doing that work
- Identify two steps that anyone interested in getting a similar job must do before they can apply