The following is enrollment information for new students at Stoddert. Please note that if your child received a spot at Stoddert via the DCPS lottery, you MUST claim your spot by May 1st. More information below. In addition, families with children attending kindergarten in August 2017, are invited to an open house on May 3rd.
(If you would like information about re-enrolling your current Stoddert student, please visit here.)
Kindergarten Open House:
Stoddert will host an Open House for all incoming kindergarten families on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 from 8:00 am to 8:30 am. Please come to the main lobby of the school and you will be directed to the kindergarten classrooms.
Families will meet the kindergarten teachers, see their classrooms and drop off enrollment forms for the 2017-2018 school year. Administrators and main office personnel will also be on hand to answer questions and accept enrollment forms.
New students enrolling in Stoddert for the first time should bring the following documents to the main office. The office is open from 8:15 am until 3:15 pm on weekdays.
All new students should use this 2017-18 DCPS enrollment packet to enroll. New students will need:
- Annual Student Enrollment Form (page 3)
- DC Residency Verification Form (page 4 & 5)
- NOTE: This form must be signed in front of a Stoddert staff member when you turn your enrollment forms in. Please do NOT sign this at home. (All other forms can be signed prior to turning in.)
- NOTE: If you plan to use a utility or other bill to prove residency, you MUST also print a receipt showing that you have paid this bill within the last 60 days.
- Media Release (page 6)
- DCPS Home Language Survey Form (page 7)
- My School DC Enrollment Form (page 8)
- Proof of Age (such as Birth Certificate, Hospital Records, Previous School Records, Passport, Baptismal Certificate)
The following MUST be turned into the main office before school starts. These forms must be updated yearly:
- DC Universal Health Certificate (page 15 & 16)
- DC Oral Health (Dental Provider) Assessment Form (page 17)
- Authorization For Medication Administration Form, if applicable to your child ONLY (page 18)
- Authorization For Medical Procedure/Treatment, if applicable to your child ONLY (page 20)
All of the above documents as well as more information about each document can be found here in the 2017-18 DCPS Enrollment Packet.
DCPS Lottery Information:
The DCPS lottery results were released on March 31, 2017. If your child was matched with a school through the lottery, you must accept your space by May 1, 2017 in person, at the school.
To accept your space at Stoddert you must submit a My School DC Enrollment Form (page 8 of the 2017-18 DCPS Enrollment Packet) and follow additional instructions above in the section entitled “Enrollment Information” to enroll your child in Stoddert.
Students that do not enroll by the May 1st deadline will lose their space at the school.
For more information about the lottery, please visit www.myschooldc.org call (202) 888-6336.
Please visit DCPS website for more questions about enrollment.
If you have any questions about the open house or enrollment at Stoddert, please call the main office at 202-671-6030.