At this week’s coffee meeting, Principal Bryant shared some highlights, challenges and information for next school year (2017-18) regarding Stoddert’s budget preparation and enrollment. The following information is from his presentation:
Stoddert’s budget preparation for school year 2017-18:
- Stoddert’s total budget for SY17/18 is $4,477,765
- This is an increase of $144,198 over our current SY16/17 budget
- Stoddert will maintain its current level of staffing for SY17/18.
- However, the average total cost of all staff positions is significantly higher than last year.
- The total personnel cost for SY17/18 is $4,395,232 – this is 98% of our total SY17/18 budget.
- Which means we’ll have only 2% of our total SY17/18 budget available for Non-Personnel Spending (NPS).
- The remaining 2% of our SY17/18 budget available for Non-Personnel Spending (NPS) = $83,461
- The amount of our current year (SY16/17) budget available for NPS = $101,322
- We’ll manage the reduced amount for NPS by:
- Being frugal with the unspent balance of our current year (SY16/17) budget, and stocking up for next year as much as possible.
- Reducing SY17/18 expenditures for:
- Custodial Overtime
- Electronic Learning (used to pay for licenses such as iReady)
- Textbooks (no large textbook purchases will be needed next year)
- Administrative Premium (use to pay teachers for work outside their regular contract hours)
Stoddert’s enrollment projections for school year 2017-18:
- Stoddert’s official SY17/18 enrollment is 435 students, which is the same as our current year’s enrollment.
- No lottery seats will be offered in kindergarten through 5th grades
- The biggest unknown at this point is: how many 5th-grade classrooms will be needed for SY17/18 (2 or 3?)
- In order to determine that, it is very important for all of our current 4th-grade families to return their re-enrollment surveys as soon as possible. Click here to print the enrollment survey.