This is a special notice to all Stoddert families, students and community members reminding everyone to be safe through the streets of Glover Park, especially along Calvert Street in front of the school in the mornings and afternoons. A few specific reminders:
- Please do not make U-turns along Calvert street at any point. It is unsafe for people crossing the street and blocks traffic coming through the street.
- Parking is not permitted along the school side of Calvert street between 39th and 40th streets in the mornings and in the afternoon. Many parents and caregivers park along this street, however you are reminded that it is a no parking zone during the school day and tickets are often handed out.
- If you are not getting out of the car with your child, please pull your car fully and safely over to the curb. If you car is sticking out even a little bit, it blocks traffic and creates an unsafe situation.
- It is never safe to stop in the middle of the street and allow a child to get out of the car.
- It is never safe to park the wrong direction on any street, especially Calvert Street.
- The intersection and crosswalk area on Calvert Street at 40th street is not a safe location to park, idle or pull your car over to let your child out of the car.
- Please drive safely and slowly through all of the streets of Glover Park as students are walking to school, crossing intersections and many buses are trying to make their way through the narrow streets.
- For those walking to school, please use the crosswalks at Calvert street on 39th street and 4oth street. The intersection at 39th Place does not have a crosswalk and it is dangerous to cross at this location.
- Please be patient at the crosswalk with our Crossing Guard at 39th Street and Calvert. It is unsafe to beep your car horn, become impatient and/or ignore her direction.
Thank you for your attention to these safety rules and reminders. It takes everyone to make a safe community!