Welcome! We are ready for another wonderful year at Stoddert. The Stoddert Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) provides critical support both financially and with volunteer hours to create a strong school community stronger and providing opportunities that reaches every child at Stoddert.
To meet our fundraising goals and pursue programs and projects that improve our school in tangible ways, the PTO asks each family to contribute $400. We understand that not all families will contribute this amount. Please consider a smaller, or larger donation, best suited for your family. Every contribution matters. Click here to make your donation online.
What is the money used for?
- Teacher stipends. The PTO’s biggest expense is stipends to our 20 teachers to help them buy essential education supplies for their classrooms. Sadly this is an absolute necessity as often teachers reach into their own pockets to purchase items needed to best teach our children. Every Stoddert student directly benefits from these stipends!
- Support of an identified instructional need. This focus changes from year to year. Last year, the PTO purchased 30 laptops and a mobile charging cart for our students. We also supported our science teachers through the purchase of STEMscopes science lesson plans. We would not have been able to make these purchases without the generous support of our parents.
- Strong School Community. The PTO provides financial support for events and projects that build community and that are available to everyone at the school.
- Fall Festival, Family Fun Night and International Night
- Childcare and pizza during General PTO Meetings
- General landscaping around the entire school. This is not provided by DCPS.
Another way to support our children: The Friends of Fillmore is a non-profit, volunteer board which supports the work of Fillmore Arts Center, where Stoddert students receive weekly arts education. The Friends budget goes towards supplies and materials that are not covered by Fillmore’s DCPS budget. Fillmore depends on contributions for necessary items including arts supplies like clay, paints, and brushes, musical instruments, visiting artists, and much more. See http://www.fillmoreartscenter.org and www.friendsoffillmore.org for more information.
COUNT US IN!
All contributions are fully tax-deductible (receipt will be provided. Our PTO Federal Tax ID is #52-1195083), and are the most direct way to support Stoddert Elementary. You can make a donation either with a check or online where there is an installment plan option.
If you’d like to submit your form that was mailed out in the welcome back to school packet, please make checks payable to “Stoddert PTO” and submit to the front office in a clearly marked envelope: Count Me In, Attention Stoddert PTO / Treasurer, 4001 Calvert St, NW, Washington, DC 20007. The front office will place it in the PTO mailbox. Please send any questions to the attention of Kate Gillespie at email@example.com
Thank you for your support of Stoddert PTO and the important relationship it has built over the years with Stoddert ES administration in building a strong and robust learning environment and community.
With each donation your child benefits!