The following is the text of a “welcome back to school” letter to all students and parents from Principal Bryant and Assistant Principal Villegas…
Dear Stoddert Families,
We hope you’re enjoying a wonderful, relaxing summer! Summer break is flying by, and has been filled with preparations for the coming school year. Those preparations have included the hiring of two new staff members, and changing assignments for several other staff members.
New-to-Stoddert staff members include:
- Grace Park, ELA LEAP Coach
- Andrea Gross, 1st Grade Teacher (Ms. Gross is actually rejoining us, after spending a year as a Literacy Coach in Philadelphia).
Staff members with changed duties for SY16/17 include:
- Ginger Jacobs was .5 Science Teacher and .5 Reading Teacher in SY15/16; she will teach 1st Grade in SY16/17
- Julie Schneider was a .5 Science Teacher in SY15/16; she will be our full-time Science Teacher in SY16/17
- Hannah Hong was our EPASS Teacher in SYlS/ 16; she will lead our Schoolwide Enrichment Model, and also serve as Math Resource Teacher in SY16/17
- Dr. Dolores Pesek was our Math Resource Teacher in SYlS/16; she will serve as a Math LEAP Coach in SY16/17.
- Assistant Principal Villegas will continue in her AP position, and also assume some Math LEAP Coach duties.
Stoddert will once again serve as the host site for a Mary Jane Patterson Fellowship Resident Principal. The MJP Fellowship is a DCPS program which prepares new school leaders, and the final stages of the fellowship include school-based residencies. You may remember that Mrs. Berry-Young and Mr. Turner served as MJP Resident Principals in prior years. The name of our SY16/17 MJP Resident Principal will be shared with you as soon as it has been released by DCPS.
Our teachers will be back at work on Monday, August 15. If any of you are able to make a Visitor Parking Pass available to a Stoddert staff member, please bring the pass to the Stoddert office prior to August 15, and we’ll assign it to a specific teacher.
Finally, you are reminded of a “Sneak Peek” opportunity to drop off school supplies and briefly meet your child’s teacher on Friday, August 19 from 2:30-3:00 p.m. This is not intended as a time for lengthy conversations with the teachers, or for formal classroom presentations. After the “Sneak Peak,” an informational session will take place in the gym from 3:00-3:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Don Bryant, Principal
Ibis Villegas, Assistant Principal