Thank you to everyone who joined Principal Bryant for coffee on January 7, 2016 in the library to discuss current issues at school. For those of you who weren’t able to join, here is a brief run down of items that were discussed:
Eye to Eye
Eye to Eye is a mentoring program which matches high school students from the Lab School with a select group of Stoddert students. This is an after-school, arts-based program which encourages self-esteem and self-advocacy. Read more information about this program.
#StoddertCares is a community service club which meets during recess on Thursdays. Their projects include:
- Providing 100 sandwiches each week to Martha’s Table; and
- Decorating, filling, and delivering over toiletries, toys, and clothing to So Others Might Eat.
- Read more information about this club.
The following information was presented about our PARCC scores:
- 161 schools in DC (including public, private, and charter) participated in PARCC testing last year. Results are reported in five levels, with Level 1 being the lowest, and Level 5 being the highest.
- Stoddert results:
- Our Level 4/5 English/Language Arts results (meaning students are on track to be ready for college and careers) was 13thout of 161 schools.
- Only 4 out of 161 schools had fewer students scoring in Level 1 (least ready for college and careers) than Stoddert.
- Only 10 out of 161 schools had more students scoring in Level 5 (the highest level) than Stoddert
- Math results:
- Our Level 4/5 math results were 3rdout of 161 schools
- Stoddert is 1 of only 3 schools (out of 161) which had 0% of students scoring in Level 1 (the lowest level)
- Only 1 out of 161 schools had more students scoring in Level 5 (the highest level) than Stoddert.
- Read more on testing at Stoddert.