Dear Stoddert families.
At approximately 8:30 this morning, a faint gas odor was detected in the kitchen. Following DCPS protocol, the DC fire department was contacted and asked to perform a safety check. During that safety check, the building was evacuated, and students lined up for morning entrance in the open field area, rather than in their usual morning locations.
The fire department determined that it was safe to enter the building at approximately 8:46 a.m., and students were escorted to their classrooms at that time.
Thanks to all of our students, parents, and staff members for dealing with this situation in a calm, orderly manner!