August 22, 2015
Dear Stoddert Families,
Thank you to everyone who joined us at Friday’s Sneak Peek event at Stoddert. This was our first year hosting a back-to-school event before the start of school and it was a great success! A special thank you to Mr. Bryant, Ms. Villegas, and all of the teachers and staff for taking the time to welcome us back to school.
For those of you who weren’t able to join us, here is a brief run down of items that Principal Bryant discussed:
- A brief presentation about the opening day drop off and pick up procedures, which can be found here.
- The playground renovation is expected to be completed by the first day of school. You can see progress here.
- The upcoming coffee with the principal (September 3rd) and back to school night (September 8th) are scheduled.
- Everyone was reminded about Stoddert’s security procedures:
- 1) No visitors, including parents/guardians, may go beyond the lobby area or to the West Wing classrooms without first signing in at the security desk, which is located near the cafeteria.
- 2) Don’t take 4th grade students directly to their West Wing classrooms. If 4th grade students are tardy in the morning, please take them to the main office, and they will be escorted by an office staff member or security officer to their classroom. If a 4th grade student needs to be picked up early, please go to the main office and the student will brought to the office.
Again, we thank each of you for taking the time to make this year’s Sneak Peek a success and we are looking forward to a great school year.
PTO’s Welcome Committee (Kate Karl and Elizabeth Peyster)